Welcome to White Lilac Treasures


Welcome to White Lilac Treasures, the place for classy refurbished furniture, home and garden decor.

Every thing you will see is one-of-a-kind, just like you!

Stay tuned, I think you will find the perfect treasure just waiting to be yours!

Unfortunately I can only accommodate local shoppers (willing to drive to Ogden or meet between) and cash only please. You can call or text me at 801-721-5666 if you find something you just have to have.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Accessories


This is the section where I get to work on some of the odd ideas floating around in my head.  I hope you will indulge my eccentricities and hope you find something that appeals to you. 

******************
This mirror took me forever to decide on the look I wanted, so it has been several colors. 
This item is sold.  Thanks Kim!  $25
It ended up shiny black covering a doilie on the base.  This side is a jewelry hanger and...
the other side is a mirror!  It is on a turntable!  This was a huge collaboration with "the Gar".  We hooked two picture frames together and mounted them on the turntable, added a mirror and some wire and just see what we got!  Again, I design but he makes it work!  Gotta love him!
*************
This cute purple basket would a great addition to just about any room in your home!  How many uses can you think of!  Maybe books, magazines, afghans, boxes of tea, scarves, kids toys, flowers, loaves of bread...I think the possibilities just may be endless!
$35

I totally loved the shape and style of this basket.  I wanted it to be sunny and fun, so the purple with the sunflowers seemed a natural.  Then the doilie and the "shreds" of the inside fabric and organza ribbon dressed it right up. 


*********
Who woulda thunk?
Fireplace tool stands as umbrella stands.  I know, what am I thinking.  But you
know, it works.  Here are the first two, but there are a couple more in the works.  I hope you find one that is just your style.  Stay tuned.
The black stand is sold.  Thanks  $35 each (umbrellas not included)
The pictures don't do these justice.  The one on the left is antique bronze. The one on the right was originally brass but the black is much better.
This is a close up of the antique brass embellished with resin tassels that were given the same finish as the stand.
The black stand is sold,  Thanks!

Here is the bling that was added to the black stand.  Gotta love chains, crystals and jewels. Again, the pics just don't do them justice.
I love having an umbrella stand by my front door, maybe you would too.

**************
Read all about it: I got a lot done this weekend, between the rain and wind that is. 
Found some more great yard sales and again "the Gar" just shook his head.  Just kidding, I think he is finally getting into it, and several of the new items this time got "the Gar touch. So take a look.
**************

I have been trying to figure out how to do the sign for this item. It started out as a plant stand and a cookie jar. I have version of this in my own home and the grandkids love it because it is just their size.
This item is sold.  Thanks Grandma Linda!!  $35
It's a pint size cookie jar! Actually it is a regular size cookie jar, and a pint size stand.
 It's just 22" high.
 The saying is what sold me on the cookie jar I have. Is it the truth or what!  I am not happy with the wire that it is hanging from, and will be changing it, probably for some copper chain or cute ribbon.  My version had the saying on the cookie jar, but it is hard to see with it in the stand so I liked this better.
Well I tried and tried, but there was just no good way to "hang" the sign, so I bent it to the shape of the cookie jar stand and glued it on!!  Gotta love E6000 glue.  Then I clamped it in place over night and I like it soooooo much better!  See the finished product below.


****************
Who doesn't like a magazine holder, that is, to hold afghans, towels or if you must, magazines.
$20 SOLD
This poor baby was missing it's carrying dowel and it's center divider.  So...of course this became a job for "the Gar".  He added a dowel, and...
We left out the divider and I added the white antique finish and the flowers.
I have to say, I love it for afghans.
Measures 17" W, 15"H, 10"D
****************
 Since the weather finally cooperated the last few days, I can finally at least add one new item!  Yea!
Of course I forgot to take a before photo, but this started out life as a country blue wall shelf.  It had a dowel for paper towels and was quite cute as it was, BUT, of course I couldn't leave it like that.  So I turned it upside down, painted it white, added some bright scrapbook paper and a different dowel for hanging ribbon.  (well "the Gar" actually did that part).  What would I do without him? Got to love the guy!  Now it is a table top gift wrap center, how perfect!  It comes with the ribbon, scissors and a roll of tape to get you started. 

$20


Measures 15 1/2"W, 16"H, 5 1/2"D
*************
Feathered and Fancy!
$20

**************
This next item is not so odd, but it is cute and useful.  This jewelry hanger has a mirror, a wire mesh area for earrings, two cute pink acrylic butterflies to hang your necklaces on and a high gloss pink finish. It measures 9"x20"

$32  SOLD


                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment