Welcome to White Lilac Treasures


Welcome to White Lilac Treasures, the place for classy refurbished furniture, home and garden decor.

Every thing you will see is one-of-a-kind, just like you!

Stay tuned, I think you will find the perfect treasure just waiting to be yours!

Unfortunately I can only accommodate local shoppers (willing to drive to Ogden or meet between) and cash only please. You can call or text me at 801-721-5666 if you find something you just have to have.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Why "White Lilac Treasures"?

Why White Lilac you ask?  Well,  I always thought I would have a Bed and Breakfast called The White Lilac Inn.  It would be the cutest, white, vine covered, gingerbread house with a wrap-around porch. It would have shutters, not sure what color, maybe something as crazy as lavender. There would be white rocking chairs and chaise lounges with flowered covered cushions.  Small tables would be at each chair side for afternoon tea, lemonade and goodies.  It would have five or six steps up to the porch, white railing, or maybe lavender to match the shutters, and a white lilac bush on each side.  There would be lots of trees, one with a swing, a white picket fence and lawn to stroll on. Other comfy chairs would dot the lawns, and baskets of treats would be available for picnics under the trees.  Of course there would be a creek running through the property with a bridge leading to a large flower garden, roses, foxgloves, hollyhocks, hydrangeas, violets, daisies, and of course more lilacs to fill the eyes and nose with color and fragrance. 

Then reality set in.  I seriously can't cook and the inside of  toilets and washing machines are kind of not my deal.  How's that for bursting the bubble.  So I kept my day job and my dream kind of went down the drain with the mop water at the White Lilac Inn.

Now that I have finally given up my day job, I find that creating "new stuff" from "other/old stuff", has become my passion and the "old" name for my "lost" passion has become the "new" name for my "new" passion.

So may I say "welcome" to my new passion, and you are always welcome at White Lilac Treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment